Join Date: Mar 2010
Tom Smith Industries, specializing in custom thermoplastic injection molding and modular mold design for industrial, consumer and defense applications located in Clayton, OH , is looking for a 3rd Shift
(11pm – 7:30 am)Maintenance Technician to join their team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Maintenance Technician performs a myriad of equipment maintenance activities and assists in troubleshooting process variations. Additional responsibilities include assistance with start-up and shut down activities of machines and equipment.
1. Performs preventative maintenance on all equipment as assigned by supervisor.
2. Troubleshoots and repairs equipment as requested by department managers.
3. Maintains a safe work place by following policies and procedures for safe work practices.
4. Completes required documentation such as Parts Order Requisition, Daily Log Sheet, Daily Log Book to include tasks of preventive maintenance on equipment and repairs of machinery.
5. Utilizes welders, torches, cutting torches, drills, and other tools and equipment as necessary to perform repairs or fabricate parts for repairs to electrical, hydraulic, mechanical systems on machines or for plant maintenance.
6. Assists Process Manager, Assistant Process Manager, Jobsetter I and II, and Process Engineer with investigation to determine assignable causes of process variation.
7. Keeps work area clean including maintenance area and plant area.
8. Performs additional tasks as requested by supervisor requiring similar or lesser skills.
Successful candidates will possess 5 years previous experience in a similar role, basic computer skills, a mechanical and hydraulic aptitude and experience with basic hand and machine tools. Experience with welding equipment and the injection molding industry are preferred.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and compensation requirements to email@example.com