Join Date: Mar 2013
Belmont Engineered Plastics is looking for a Process Engineer. The Process Engineer will provide production and commercialization launch support for plastic molded/assembled products across multiple product segments and manufacturing operations. Will lead troubleshooting and optimization activities.
• Supports active production product manufacturing as a plastics process engineer.
• Provides engineering insight into product performance quality matters
• Conducts manufacturing engineering analysis including time studies, process control, and work flow.
• Identifies and leads manufacturing improvement opportunities
• Supports new product commercialization
• Conducts new process engineering studies including FMEA, process definition, and process capability.
• Supports the Engineering, Process Technician, Quality, and Business Development functions.
• Conducts engineering analysis for new business quotations
• Three(3) to five(5) years of experience as a product, manufacturing, industrial, or process engineering
• Injection molding experience in tonnage ranges of: 100-500
• Resin material experience: ABS, HDPE, LDPE, Acrylic
• Product launch/commercialization support
• Familiarity with engineering tools such as:
FMEA, Design for Assembly, VSM – Value stream mapping, process flow, VA/VE, DOE, LEAN mfg, Cpk
• Technical or BS Engineering degree
• Five(5) plus years of experience in this or equivalent role
• BS Engineering Degree
• Plastics product molding, forming, assembly experience
• Molding tonnage: 50-1000
• Resin Materials experience: minimum + Acetal, PC, PET
• Compression molding
• Consumer goods product markets
• Safety goods product segments
• Automotive and/or Medical product market experience a plus
• Metal forming & stamping
• Secondary plastic processes such as: printing or decorating
• Quality Assurance and compliance engineering
• Testing, prototyping
• Product commercialization and/or Program Management
To apply for this position please send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org