Join Date: Mar 2012
Tool & Die Mold Technician for a Top Rated Plastics Manufacturer
Who We Are:
Dickten Masch Plastics is a very successful, growth oriented plastics producer based in Nashotah Wisconsin, 25 miles from downtown Milwaukee. Serving a wide variety of end markets including electrical, automotive, building products and key transportation segments, Dickten Masch was the winner of the prestigious Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year award in 2010 and 2011 Top 10 Businesses of the Year in Waukesha County. In addition to our corporate headquarters in Nashotah, we have facilities in Iowa, Mexico, and extended locations in the Midwest and Europe. With more than 70 years in the plastics industry, we have developed a reputation for operational excellence, employee development, and community leadership. Visit: www.dmpadvantage.com.
What We Are Looking For:
Dickten Masch is a thermoplastics and thermoset molder on a strong growth track. As part of this growth, we are looking to expand and deepen our tool room competence by adding a few strong candidates to our team. We are currently seeking a Tool & Die Mold Technician. This position will be an integral member of the team.
• Disassemble, clean, evaluate and repair molds of various sizes and configurations. May perform associated duties such as connecting wiring and hydraulic components.
• Change cores, core inserts, date pins or date wheels, cams and cam inserts, cavities and cavity inserts on interchangeable molds.
• Remove, refit, and replace guide pins and bushings as necessary.
• Perform scheduled preventive maintenance procedures on tooling and fixtures as scheduled in IQMS.
• Create and maintain documented work instructions for, tool change overs and PM’s
• Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
• Proficient in utilizing a variety of hand tools and operating manual machine tools safely and accurately. These machine tools include manual milling machines, manual lathes, drill press, manual surface grinder, and bench grinders.
• Assist with pulling or setting mold into machine.
• Operate overhead hoist/crane to position tools and dies.
• Operate forklift to transport tools and dies.
• Basic math ability, working knowledge of metric & English measuring system, and experience in the use of calipers, micrometers, and dial gauges.
• Education/Training – High school diploma or GED, 3-5 years related experience and/or training preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience using measuring tools.
• Ability to hold close tolerances up to .0002”
• A technical and hands-on approach
• Strong people skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
• Must be able to adapt to change and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
If this sounds like everything you are looking for in your next career – stop thinking about applying and do it!
Dickten Masch Plastics is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minorities, Women, Veterans, & Disabilities.
If interested please submit your resume and salary requirements to the Human Resources Department at:
Dickten Masch Plastics
N44 W33341 Watertown Plank Road
Nashotah, WI 53058
Fax - (262) 367-1256
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org