Join Date: Mar 2012
Seeking an Automation Engineer for a Top Rated Manufacturer
Who We Are:
Dickten Masch Plastics is a very successful, growth oriented plastics producer based in Nashotah Wisconsin, 25 miles from downtown Milwaukee. Serving a wide variety of end markets including electrical, automotive, building products and key transportation segments, Dickten Masch was the winner of the prestigious Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year award in 2010 and 2011 Top 10 Businesses of the Year in Waukesha County. In addition to our corporate headquarters in Nashotah, we have facilities in Iowa, Mexico, and extended locations in the Midwest and Europe. With more than 70 years in the plastics industry, we have developed a reputation for operational excellence, employee development, and community leadership.
What We Are Looking For:
Dickten Masch is a thermoplastics and thermoset molder on a strong growth track. As part of this growth, we are looking to expand and deepen our engineering competence by adding a strong candidate to our team. Our current open position is an Automation Engineer. This position will be an integral member of the team. The Automation Engineer develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
• Provide advanced design and development of automation systems and equipment intended to enhance production efficiency.
• Develop and prepare quotations for automation equipment. To include cost evaluation and return on investment (ROI) estimates.
• Provide in-depth machine control programming for automation equipment, including support of existing equipment.
• Strong working knowledge and experience with PLC and hydraulics/pneumatics, and other electro-mechanical systems.
• Perform equipment validation.
• Provide technical support for troubleshooting new and existing automation equipment.
• Develop, evaluate, improve and document manufacturing processes, with emphasis on standardized work.
• Work closely with manufacturing, process engineering, and maintenance departments to develop, coordinate and implement technical training for employees.
• Serves as a cross functional member of the New Product Development team, with a role to optimize the manufacturing process and foster a robust process and Bill of Manufacture.
• Develop and implement standard packaging requirements.
• Employ continuous improvement lean tools and lead teams to implement Kanban, SMED, VSM, Kaizen, 5S, etc. and Lean methods in numerous areas.
• Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering and 2 years minimum related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Manufacturing engineering experience within an Assembly environment a plus.
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively present information to top management, internal and external customers in a professional manner.
• CAD/Pro E experience.
• Knowledge of manufacturing concepts and ability to prioritize multiple projects.
If this sounds like everything you are looking for in your next career – stop thinking about applying and do it!
Dickten Masch Plastics is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minorities, Women, Veterans, & Disabilities.
If interested please submit your resume and salary requirements to the Human Resources Department at:
Dickten Masch Plastics
N44 W33341 Watertown Plank Road
Nashotah, WI 53058
Fax - (262) 367-1256
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org