Join Date: Oct 2012
Noble Plastics Inc. is seeking to hire a full-time experienced Design Engineer in Grand Coteau, Louisiana (outside of Lafayette). The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years of technical experience with product design and development, experience with plastic design and analysis is preferred.
• Communicate with customers on project related issues.
• Develop conceptual designs based on customer provided constraints.
• Select materials based on performance and cost requirements.
• Perform predictive analyses of parts and assemblies related to product function and manufacturability (e.g., basic engineering calculations, FEA, MoldFlow).
• Create 3D models of product parts and assemblies from drawings, prototypes, or existing files.
• Create 2D drawings based on 3d models.
• Prepare model and drawing packages for quotation purposes.
• Interface with production department for manufacturing process development.
Noble Plastics offers competitive pay and an attractive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, education assistance, paid vacation and holidays, and 401(k) plan. Qualified candidates should submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Accredited Engineering Degree or 10+ years in related field
• Experience with Solid Modeling Techniques
• Autodesk Inventor/Alias
• United States citizen or permanent resident status required
• Collaborative team player. Ability to work across a matrix environment and all levels of the organization.