Join Date: May 2008
DeKALB Molded Plastics is looking for a Set-up Technician for the 3rd shift.
Major Functions: This position is responsible for the overall set-up/changeover of the molding machines. This includes the cleaning, assembly, testing of nozzles, nozzle blocks, barrels, rods and manifold extensions.
Essential duties and responsibilities are as follows, other duties may be assigned.
• Perform routine preventative maintenance on all machines, molds, set-up/mold related equipment and tools.
• Perform the full assembly and disassembly of mold tools.
• Assist with mold repair activities; pins, sleeves, scratched, and assembly after production.
• Prepare and pre-stage components; molding, hot-melt system, installation.
• Ensure there is an adequate supply of nozzles and related components for future set-up requirements.
• Follow all standard work instructions/job packets, diagrams and proper procedures for mold changes, installation, and general set-up task.
• Complete all required paperwork to ensure efficient tracking and documentation requirements are achieved; MWR’s, MDR’s, Purchase Req’s, Tool Purchasing, Set-Up and Maintenance logs.
• Operate a variety of hand and power tools to effectively and properly install molds and perform required task; cleaning of plastic from used nozzles, manifold extensions, barrels and rods.
• Build complete nozzle assemblies and test to ensure proper operation.
• Repair and create new water hoes with fittings to various lengths.
• Construct and rebuild hydraulic cylinders by using seal kits and additional hardware.
• Perform all prep work for mold changeovers to ensure proper installation.
• Respond promptly to trouble-shooting calls and assist in root-cause analysis and corrective actions on any failures or repairs.
• Follow all OSHA required standards, regulations and DeKALB safety procedures.
• Live our core values.
• High School Diploma and/or G.E.D. required.
• Associates/Technical degree or RJG Certification, preferred.
• Forklift license required.
• Basic knowledge of electrical and hydraulic systems.
• Basic knowledge of injection molding machines and core functions.
• Ability to understand written and verbal communication.
• Ability to lift 75 pounds.
• Manual and finger dexterity.
• Demonstrated the basic knowledge of injection molding process and ability to learn the inner working of the molding process.
• Basic power and hand tool knowledge and experience.
• Must be able to work extended hours and/or overtime as required.
• Must be able to alternate shifts as required.
• Must be able to participate in job development training.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong customer focus.
Those interested should send their resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.