Join Date: May 2008
DeKalb Molded Plastics is looking for a Maintenance Technician to work on 1st shift. We are looking for someone with supervisory experience who has the desire and drive to lead the group at some point.
Major Functions: This position is responsible to perform daily activities that support the maintenance coverage of various operations throughout the plant. Actions will range from those of a preventative to a proactive nature to emergency repair and corrective action. Support of production departments, both molding and finishing, on a daily basis is an essential element of the position.
Essential duties and responsibilities are as follows, other duties may be assigned.
• Review and perform a pre-determined preventive maintenance inspection as per schedule.
• Perform general maintenance activities as required to:
o Molding machines.
o Molding auxiliary systems equipment
o Finishing Department booths, conveyor lines and associated equipment.
o Equipment related to various indirect departments.
• Perform building and grounds maintenance of a general nature as required.
• Perform inspection of fire safety system as per schedule.
• Assist in the training of the general maintenance personnel.
• Assist in training molding staff on plant start-up and shut down procedures.
• Assist with mold (tool) maintenance.
• Assist with mold (tool) repair, such as pins, sleeves, scratches, nicks, and assembly after molding runs.
• Build fixtures and other miscellaneous items as required.
• Perform as required back-up assistance with molding set-ups.
• Maintain superior housekeeping throughout the department, highlighting fluid control and pellet control programs.
• Perform the essential functions of the job within acceptable OSHA and safety/ environmental regulations, quality, productivity and performance standards as outlined in plant policies, procedures and applicable work instructions.
• Live our core values.
• Associates (or) Technical degree in Industrial Maintenance
• 3 or 5 years in Industrial Maintenance.
• Working knowledge of Electric, Hydraulic, and Robotic systems.
• Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
• Must be able to read, write, add, and subtract.
• Must have a fork lift license.
• Must be able to understand written/verbal instructions.
• Must be able to trouble shoot the following; Electrical, Hydraulic, Mechanical systems
• Basic Electrical Certificate
• Basic Hydraulic Certificate
• Must be able to read tool Blue Prints
• Ability to lift 75 pounds.
• Manual and finger dexterity.
• Demonstrated the basic knowledge of injection molding process and ability to learn the inner working of the molding process.
• Must be able to work extended hours and/or overtime as required.
• Must be able to participate in job development training.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong customer focus.
Those who are interested in being considered should send their resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.