Join Date: Jan 2012
Syracuse Plastics of North Carolina, Inc., located in Cary, NC, is a full service injection molder and contract manufacturer of precision components and assemblies. Founded in 1952, we have experience in providing creative solutions to a diversified customer base serving many markets globally.
SPNC has leading edge technical and electronic tools and processes in place such as IQMS – MES System, Laser Scanning, Documented Tool Design and Construction Standards and in-house Tool Room.
Primary responsibility is to support Tooling RFQ process, Vendor selection, Tool Design Review and Project Management through product approval and release to Manufacturing, following our NPQP (New Product Qualification Process).
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support Process Engineers and Technicians during Mold Validation Process in Asia and North Carolina and acting on Process Capability results.
• Provide Technical Support to Sales, Customer Service, Quality, Manufacturing and in-house Tool Room.
• Frequent customer and vendor contact; including travel to Asia.
• Overseeing Part and Mold Design through consultation with customers and mold vendors.
• Strong knowledge of part design, moldability, mold design and specification.
• Working knowledge of SolidWorks and Moldflow preferred.
• Engineering Degree preferred and at least 5 years’ experience in Tooling with an Injection Molding company.
We offer competitive salary, training and benefits, including Medical, Dental, Group Term Life, PTO and 401(k). Business casual work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resume, including salary history and requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No unsolicited agencies or phone calls.