Join Date: Oct 2011
Applies knowledge of materials and engineering theory and methods to design, set up, integrate, and improve manufacturing systems or processes to increase product manufacturability and cost effectiveness.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities:
• Implement enhancements and improvements to manufacturing processes, methods, fixtures, etc. to reduce scrap, increase throughput, decrease cost, and otherwise resolve issues.
• Design and set up new equipment and fixtures for product manufacturing and assembly, on both new and existing products.
• Support new product introduction activities, including tool testing, and process validations
• Participate in the review and evaluation of product design changes.
• Diagnose and repair equipment and fixtures as needed.
• Perform root cause analysis for identified issues,
• Train operators on new and existing production processes.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering from four-year college or university, or 3 to 5 years of related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Injection molding experience, specifically a deep understanding of tool design, process development, or both. Experience with automation for injection molding highly desired.
• Strong working knowledge of GD&T.
• Working knowledge of injection molding machines.
• Working knowledge of associated auxiliary equipment such as robots, dryers, die heaters, oil heaters, and process monitoring equipment (eDart).
• Basic understanding of statistical techniques for process validations and troubleshooting.
• Excellent organizational skills required including time management, documentation management, and communication with follow through.
• Ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
• Good problem solving skills and experience.
• Good mechanical aptitude.
Send resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com