Join Date: May 2008
Dorel Juvenile is currently seeking a Manufacturing Quality Assurance Engineer
1. Manufacturing Quality Representative on new product development teams
• Leads / provides input in the development of CTQ's
• Identifies specification needs and obtains specs.
• Leads the development of PFMEA's and Control Plans
• Provides gauging and inspection methods and techniques
• Provides quality standards
• Verifies that testing has been completed and issues are being addressed
• Acts as liaison with manufacturing, testing, design engineering, graphics
• Works as Project Manager for new products initiation step –
ensures completion of RTPs, line layout, work instructions, flow diagrams,
stack layouts and inspection instructions
• Initiates and follow up on engineering changes for quality issues
2. Reviews quality performance metrics and leads improvement effort:
• Inspection defect rate
• Consumer Complaints
• Returns & Adjustments
3. Participates in other continuous improvement activities as assigned.
4. Initiates and leads product and process improvements supports manufacturing in daily operation of current product
• Leads the development, and updating of FMEAs, Control Plans and Flow Charts
• Make determinations on quality issues of product
• Facilitate Corrective Action Meetings to prevent or solve quality problems
• Address and solve quality issues listed on the line boards and issues that may not be listed
• Identifies poka yokes or detection devices for primary and or secondary equipment
• Design and modify audit processes and procedures
• Create and maintain the Part Approval Catalog
* Bachelor’s degree. A technical field is preferred, but equivalent or relevant experience is also acceptable.
* Green Belt or Black Belt training and experience preferred.