Join Date: Jun 2010
Chem-Trend, a company of the Freudenberg Group and part of Freudenberg Chemical Specialities, is a global organization with manufacturing operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia, sales offices in 17 countries and distributors in more than 50 countries that are supported by its headquarters in Michigan. Chem-Trend has a singular focus of formulating and manufacturing innovative process chemical specialities for use in the die casting, rotational molding, general rubber, polyurethane, tire, thermoplastic and composite industries.
Chem-Trend has a Sales Representative position open.
• Direct and indirect sales using the concept selling (“value-added”) approach of the Thermoplastics and Rubber product lines throughout Michigan, Northeast US and Canada;
• Working closely with regional distributors to identify and convert target growth opportunities;
• Distributor training, motivation, planning and relationship management to ensure the majority of mind-share and continual, incremental sales growth;
• Supporting strategy on core product lines and pricing in order to meet or exceed projected sales volumes and maintain profitability levels;
• Growing market share of each product line within the territory at existing accounts and through acquisition of new business from competitors as well as cold calling.
• Identifying critical path for evaluation and approval of products at the customer by working with management and support areas in order to secure business opportunities, optimize profitability, and ensure customer satisfaction;
• Managing product marketing, sales introduction and price negotiation with customer base;
• Assisting in the determination of credit worthiness of potential customers and initiating collection of past due accounts.
• Minimum of five years sales and marketing experience in the Thermoplastics industry;
• Experience selling through Industrial Distributors in the Thermoplastics industry;
• Bachelor’s degree required;
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, organizational skills, consultative technical sales and coaching/motivational skills are required;
• Ability to effectively sell to all levels of manufacturing plant personnel;
• Strong decision-making skills to address issues effectively and in a timely manner;
• Goal-oriented with a long-range planning aptitude to promote continued success of assigned territory;
• Candidates must live within territory boundaries, near a major airport, and have the ability to work independently and successfully from a home office;
• Willingness to travel (average 60% - 75%).
We recognize that it’s our people who make Chem-Trend a leader in the mold release agent industry so we strive to keep employees happy, motivated and challenged. We offer a competitive salary plus a full range of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401k matching funds. Apply online to become a part of the Chem-Trend team!
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com.