Join Date: Sep 2014
Immediate Opportunity With Established Manufacturer!
Quality Assurance Professional
Matrix Tool, Inc. is a custom full service manufacturing operation located in Fairview, PA. We specialize in the design and construction of high precision plastic and metal injection molds and the molding of tight tolerance plastic injection molded components. We operate in a modern, state of the art facility and employ technical staff members capable of offering solutions to our customer’s toughest tooling and molding challenges.
We are seeking an experienced Quality Professional to assist with the overall management of our Plastic Injection Molding Division. The position is an integral part of our manufacturing team and is responsible for overseeing macro aspects of our quality function to help ensure manufactured parts meet our customer’s specifications. Primary duties include: (a) interfacing with customer personnel on a regular basis to address customer needs such as engineering changes, product issues, inspection requirements, complaint management, audit activity and/or special requests; (b) coordinating the establishment of strategic quality related methods and inspection strategies and procedures to address customer needs, products and changing technology; (c) overseeing the ongoing development and management of the Company’s ISO 9001 quality management system; (d) assisting with the oversight of APQP & PPAP activities associated with new product launches; (e) assisting management team members with the quoting of quality related services (such as first article inspections; PPAP submissions, SPC studies, etc.); and (f) Investigating and addressing trends with internal and external non-conformances through the implementation of quality improvement / production efficiency projects.
Interested candidates should have a technical background in plastics engineering or metrology and a take charge attitude with strong decision making skills and an independent work ethic. In addition, the position will require an individual who can organize his/her own work in a dynamic work environment, set priorities to meet time deadlines, and use initiative and independent judgment to bring tasks to completion in an efficient / cost effective manner. The ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form on technical and non- technical related process issues is paramount to ensure positive interactions with all levels of internal and external customer contacts. Other preferred qualifications include:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Plastics Engineering, Quality Management and/or equivalent training, education and experience in precision plastic injection molding or a manufacturing related discipline
2. ASQ Certification (CQM and/or CQE) is desirable (but not required)
3. Three (3) – Five (5) years of experience in a plastic injection molding environment
4. Practical working knowledge of metrology, quality measurement techniques and equipment used in a plastic injection molding quality lab
5. Proficient in the application of quality techniques used in manufacturing environments, including first article inspection, PPAP, APQP, FMEA, process flow diagrams, process control plans, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, gage R&R, quality measurement and statistical process control techniques
6. Knowledge of problem solving / decision making techniques (8D, 5 WHY, etc.)
7. Strong personal computer skills
8. Ability to read blue prints / part prints
9. Customer focus and macro business sense to integrate quality goals and objectives into the strategic goals and objectives of the company
Matrix Tool, Inc. offers challenging work, a state-of-the-art work environment, and a competitive pay and benefits compensation package. Interested candidates should apply using one of the following methods:
• E-mail a letter of interest and resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fax a cover letter and resume to us at 814-474-1001, Attention: Human Resources