Join Date: Jun 2014
HunterDouglas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of the HunterDouglas Group, a Dutch based international industrial group. We are the established worldwide design leader and most sought after name in custom window fashions. The HunterDouglas Plastics & Die Casting facility has manufactured and assembled plastic injection moldings and extrusions in Owensboro, KY since 1981. The Owensboro facility is adding the following position:
This position will be responsible for the planning, direction and coordination from start-to-end of our spring manufacturing process. The Engineer must be able to accurately estimate/calculate operation cycle time & machine run rate, as well as recommend strategies to increase production rate. Understands manufacturing capabilities and develops statistical data to support, and effectively employs tools including office (MS-office), engineering (CAD) and planning (ERP).
Minimum requirements include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
• 5 years manufacturing & CAD design experience – preferably metal/alloy and fabrication related.
• Knowledge and experience in metal spring design, development, and manufacturing industry.
• Keen understanding of metal fabrication design and manufacturing processes (bending forming, punching, cutting, welding, assembly, paint and automated processes)
• Possesses excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to establish and maintain positive working relationships with team members as well as internal and external customers.
• Sound CAD (2D & 3D) design and checking procedures experience; including mathematical, solid modeling, FEA and CFD proficiency – attention to detail.
HunterDouglas Owensboro offers a generous benefits package. Including Medical/Dental Insurance, Vision, Life insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, 401k plan, competitive wages with annual bonus. Salary commensurate with education and experience. Interested applications please send resume and salary requirements to:
Or fax to: 270-691-0689
Equal Opportunity Employer