Join Date: Apr 2013
This job description describes the authority, duties, responsibilities, reporting relationships and measure of accomplishment for the functional position of the Process Engineer of All-Plastics.
The basic function of the Process Engineer is to ensure that all jobs are set up properly and have obtained optimum production efficiency.
Another basic function of the Process Engineer is to educate and train the set up personnel, do mold sampling for new customers, and communicate with the tool room and maintenance personnel with any problems that may arise.
The Process Engineer receives sufficient authority from and is accountable to the Production Manager for the successful completion of assigned duties and responsibilities.
The Process Engineer has the authority to:
• Initiate action to improve all set up times
• Initiate action on reduction of labor
• Identify factors that limit the cycle times and productivity
• Verify proper set up procedures are being followed
The Process Engineer has the authority to take any reasonable action necessary to carry out the duties and responsibilities of this position so long as such action does not deviate from established company policies and is consistent with sound business judgment.
The Process Engineer reports directly to the Production Manager.
This position does not have any direct reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The principal duties and responsibilities of the Process Engineer consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
• Troubleshoot the molding process and record all process changes on the process change log sheet.
All changes must be logged.
• Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformities relating to production.
• Maintain required quality and quantity of production. Verify optimum cycle time.
• Identify factors that limit cycle times and productivity and initiate action for improvement
• Start up and shut down machines as required.
• Ensure proper set up procedures are being followed and verify completion of set up to manufacturing.
• Sample product and complete sample requests for new jobs as required.
• Set up robots, sprue pickers, and other supporting equipment as required.
• Help to establish workstation standards and continuous improvement efforts, mold setting proc
• Immediately communicate any press, mold, or quality issues to appropriate departments. Recommend improvements in equipment, layout, production methods, material handling, and documentation.
• Ensure start-up shots are submitted to QA for approval prior to start of production.
• Maintain and promote a safe and hazard free work environment. Follow all safety procedures and guidelines. This includes wearing personal protective equipment as required (i.e.: eye protection, hearing protection, gloves, gowns, hair nets, etc.)
• Be capable of working overtime as required.
• Routine daily maintenance of work area to ensure that it is neat, clean, and organized to the approval of your immediate supervisor. Discard purging in the designated trash cans. Put away your tools and equipment when a job is complete. Pick up scrap parts; do not leave them on the floor or under the machine. Do not allow a machine to run parts on the floor.
• Leads implementation of new projects from quoting thru start of production, including meetings and communication with customers.
• Leads implementation of VIP projects.
• Prepare reports requested by the Production Manager in an accurate and timely manner
Understand and participate in 6S activities as assigned by your supervisor.
• Maintain a cooperative working relationship with all company employees. This includes “inter” and “intra” departmental employees. Also included are all customers, contractors, owners, suppliers, etc.
• Maintain involvement in kaizan events associated with improved plant efficiencies
• Any other various duties as assigned
MEASUREMENT OF PERFORMANCE:
The Process Engineer shall be deemed to be performing in a satisfactory manner when the following have been met and/or exceeded:
Goals Outlined on Matrix:
• Quality Without a Problem
• On-time Delivery
• Labor Efficiency
• Internal Scrap at Sales Dollar
Acceptable attendance as set forth by the Production Manager.
Set up time standards established (6 month maximum).
Acceptable work performance as documented by the Production Manager.
Overall satisfaction of immediate supervisor.
Preferred: Assoc. Degree in Plastic Engineering
Required: High School Diploma with 3 to 5 years experience
SKILLS: Must have excellent processing or plastic skills (various types), must have knowledge of hydraulics, electrical and pneumatic systems that make molds function.
Must have following management skills: delegation and follow through, communication, supervision and training.
Includes lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and use of hands and arms.
Job may require heavy lifting (Up to 50 lbs.).
Peripheral vision and depth perception required to operate machinery and use the forklift.
MENTAL: Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Ability to multi-task and maintain one’s composure in a sometimes hectic
Required to work throughout the plant in both air conditioned and non-air-conditioned situations. Work environment may be hazardous, noisy, and dusty.
Please submit your resume to Lan Le at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 830-792-1161